Saturday, April 16, 2016

Review of VSF Fahhrad Manufaktur T300 2014 model.

I have just received a ladies T300 trekking bike for a customer. Here is a review of it for you. As many of you know, the T100 is VSF's benchmark commuter,workhorse bicycle. The T300 has various upgrades and these I will describe for you and you will be able to see them clearly through the pictures I have taken.

The main upgrades over the T100 are as follows............

The excellent shimano 8 speed hub gear is upgraded to the even better 8 speed premium or redline gearbox.......essentially this gearbox has better sealing against bad weather and water ingress and has more metal parts than plastic internally.

The braking system is upgraded from shimano v brakes to the excellent Magura HS11 hydraulic rim brakes.

Tyres are upgraded to Schwalbe Marathon Green Guard from Schwalbe Citizens.

The hub dynamo is upgraded from Shimano DH-3N31 to 3N72..........lighter and more efficient. Both lights are the same....... standlights on B&M for both this year.....

Saddle is upgraded from Selle Royale Rio to Ariel. Fantastic quality commuter trekking machine as you obviously expect from VSF. Colours as standard this year are black and sand. This one is in white as per customer choice. It costs £90 if you ask me to spec your own colour.Please also remember you can order this bike from me as the 8 speed hub geared version described here and also in 27 speed Deore derailleur format.

Price for both models £850.
Another superior commuting/trekking workhorse from one of the world's best bicycle manufacturers

Here you see the Shimano 8 speed premium or redline gearbox.Note the sturdy stand.

This pic shows Magura HS 11 hydraulic brake levers ,adjustable quill handlebar stem and quality Japanese bell.

Shimano 3N72 hub dynamo and note Exal TX19 double walled rim with stainless spokes.

Here is part of the Magura hydraulic braking system. Mudguards are German SKS of course !

Both front and back lights are powerful leds with standlights made in Germany by Busch and Muller.

Notice fully enclosed chainglider and pump held neatly within the rear rack.

Frame material is quality 25CRMo4 steel which is powder coated.......no rust. All bolts for fitting are stainless........no rust !!

Schwalbe Marathon Green Guard tyres. Racktime rack with sprung top section.

www.chrisbikes.co.uk