Saturday, April 16, 2016

Review of the VSF Fahrrad Manufaktur T800.

Here I present to you yet another world class bike from VSF.........the TX800 Expedition bike. I do of course have one for you to see in the shop.This is the derailleur geared partner of the Rohloff equipped TX1000......... (Remember that in previous reviews of the bikes I have tried to explain that at each grade of bike there is a hub geared and a derailleur geared version.)

This is another superbly equipped stallion of a bicycle...............I do realize that for most of you it is hard to imagine that bikes like these exist and are stocked in my shop......      especially as when you go into the modern downlit shops that you feel so worth in entering.........you will see nothing like the quality of bikes that I have. Where else will you see in stock many XT, Rohloff and Pinion equipped bikes that I have .......let alone the much more ordinary but still worthy 8 speed bikes !!!

Anyway back to the TX800......... Double butted steel frame.

Shimano equipped groupset throughout......superb quality.

Braking is Magura HS11 rim brakes.

Both front and rear racks by Tubus.

Lighting is amazing too.......Son powered front dynamo with B&M Lumotec IQ2 EYC with standlight and B&M Line at the rear.......can't get much better.......

Exal MX19 rims .....double walled,eyeletted stainless spokes and the heart of the rear wheel is the XT hub..............these bikes roll beautifully............this leads me to another point...............don't always think of weight especially with commuter/expedition bikes........this shows your lack of knowledge. You need to know how easily the bike rolls when  you pedal.......that is what enjoyable cycling is about.......and you simply cannot beat these bikes for rolling resistance..........believe me.......I know about bikes as you know about your computer programming or your banking or your lab testing etc.

All the other detail......SKS mudguards, Ergon GP3 with integrated bar ends, Japanese bell that works and lasts ,Hebie 611 rear kickstand, Humpert Crab bars and stem..........

So what is the TX 800 really for? Well it is the 700c (larger wheeled version ) of VSF's out and out Expedition bike for rougher roads.......the TX400. That is why it comes as standard with both racks and wider tyres........expedition riding for those who will need to cycle on good and rough roads all over the world but with 700c wheels. Of course it will make a glorious commuter too !!

Enjoy the pics................

Price £ approx 1299 depending on how the euro moves.

The TX 800 Expedition cycle

From the left...........

Showing XT shifter, Magura HS11 brake lever and Ergon grip with integral bar end.

XT front derailleur

XT rear derailleur

You will know these great wheels by now !!

Showing Tubus Cargo rear rack with B&M Line rear Led.

Selle Royal Ariel with gel lookin

Tubus.......the greatest name in bicycle racks.